50 States and D.C. Sue Trump Administration – The Truth Behind the Lawsuit…

According to CNN, Democratic attorneys general and governors in 23 US states as well as the capital Washington DC said that the Trump administration’s sudden cut of more than $12 billion in public health budget is “illegal and harmful”.

The lawsuit, filed on April 1, targets the US Department of Health and Human Services and Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

With this lawsuit, the states are seeking an immediate and temporary restraining order to stop the budget cuts, which they say will disrupt vital public health services and put many health care workers out of work.

23 states and Washington DC sue the Trump administration - Photo 1.

The office of the US Department of Health and Human Services, which is implementing massive budget and staff cuts under US President Donald Trump’s plan – Photo: INDIANZ

Last week, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) withdrew about $11.4 billion in funding allocated to state and community health departments in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The CDC expects to begin collecting the money in about 30 days, according to the US Department of Health and Human Services.

Another $1 billion from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration was also cut, according to the attorneys general who sued.

The US Department of Health and Human Services argues that the COVID-19 pandemic is over and that it will not waste billions of taxpayer dollars responding to a “non-existent pandemic” that Americans overcame years ago.

The department also said it was prioritizing funding for projects targeted by Donald Trump, including tackling chronic disease and “making America healthy again.”

Meanwhile, the coalition of states filed the lawsuit, arguing that while these funds were allocated during the pandemic, they were never specifically intended to respond to COVID-19.

Instead, much of the money is being allocated to long-term public health funding, as well as pandemic preparedness and some behavioral health services, including addiction treatment and suicide prevention.

CDC, FDA staff fired en masse

According to multiple US media sources, the Donald Trump administration has begun mass layoffs of 10,000 employees at US health agencies since April 1. Security guards prevented these people from entering the agency just hours after the sudden layoff announcement.

The cuts target multiple agencies within the Department of Health and Human Services, including the CDC, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and the National Institutes of Health.

The plan is part of a larger plan by the US president and his ally – billionaire Elon Musk – to shrink the federal government and cut spending.

Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr. said the cuts, combined with other recent layoffs, will reduce the department’s total workforce from 82,000 to 62,000, and are necessary to streamline a “bloated bureaucracy.”

But it also means removing many of the top scientists who oversee public health, cancer research, and approve vaccines and drugs, raising concerns about a lack of capacity to respond in an emergency.

In the United States, measles and bird flu are on the rise.

“Our condolences to those who have lost their jobs. But the reality is clear: What we have done is not working,” Kennedy wrote on X.

Several senior leaders from the agencies were also fired on the same day, including Brian King, director of the FDA’s Center for Drug Evaluation and Research. Peter Stein, director of the center’s Office of New Drugs, also resigned, according to sources.

Related Posts

🟢🟢UFFICIALE: Jannik Sinner ha finalmente rotto il silenzio e ha fatto una dichiarazione che nessuno si aspettava. Il campione italiano, protagonista indiscusso del tennis mondiale, ha confermato ufficialmente ciò che per settimane non era altro che voci e indiscrezioni: è innamorato. E l’identità della persona in questione ha lasciato tutti senza parole.

Il nome di Jannik Sinner è ormai sinonimo di talento, successo e orgoglio italiano nel panorama del tennis internazionale. Il campione altoatesino, numero uno del ranking mondiale e protagonista assoluto della nuova…

Read more

CRISI NEL MONDO DEL TENNIS: Jannik Sinner è a rischio di un divieto di partecipazione a vita, ma la sua fidanzata Anna Kalinskaya ha appena svelato una minaccia nascosta che mette in pericolo il loro futuro. Questa rivelazione ha scioccato il mondo del tennis, suscitando preoccupazione tra i fan e gli esperti del settore. Cosa accadrà ora?

Il World Tennis Village sta vivendo un grosso shock quando il giovane giocatore promettente Jannik Sinner è a rischio di essere bandito per una vita, una penalità che può porre…

Read more

“Gioco davanti a 10.000 persone, non contro un solo avversario.” Alexei Popyrin ha accusato Jannik Sinner di aver creato intenzionalmente pressione, incitando i suoi tifosi a fare rumore e deriderlo. La situazione è peggiorata quando Popyrin ha perso contratti importanti a causa dell’eliminazione precoce agli US Open. In lacrime, Popyrin si è scusato dopo la risposta gelida di Sinner, che ha lasciato il pubblico senza parole.

Il tennista australiano Alexei Popyrin ha recentemente accusato Jannik Sinner di creare una pressione intenzionale durante il loro incontro, sostenendo che i tifosi di Sinner stessero continuamente facendo rumore, urlando…

Read more

Poco prima della sua prima partita agli US Open, Jannik Sinner ha dichiarato con emozione: “Sono orgoglioso di essere italiano e ogni passo che faccio sul campo è per portare gloria alla mia Patria. Combatterò fino all’ultimo per far sì che l’Italia torni a vincere il titolo.” Le sue parole hanno toccato i cuori, scatenando un’ondata di sostegno e orgoglio sui social.

Poco prima di scendere in campo per la sua prima partita agli US Open 2025, Jannik Sinner ha regalato al pubblico e all’Italia intera parole che resteranno scolpite nella memoria…

Read more

La fidanzata di Marc Márquez, Gemma Pinto, ha rivelato una storia scioccante sul lussuoso stile di vita che il campione sta vivendo da quando si è unito al team Ducati Lenovo. Tra viaggi esclusivi, eventi di alto livello e un ambiente che riflette il successo, la vita di Márquez sembra essere cambiata radicalmente. Ma come si adatta Marc a questo nuovo mondo? Scopri tutti i dettagli di questa storia che sta facendo il giro del paddock!

La novia de Marc Márquez, Gemma Pinto, revela una impactante historia sobre el lujoso estilo de vida que lleva tras unirse a Ducati Lenovo. Marc Márquez, el ocho veces campeón…

Read more

“¡NO PUEDO CREER LO QUE VEO!” Los sorprendentes resultados de la sesión de práctica cerrada de Marc Márquez y Ducati antes del GP de Cataluña dejan al jefe Gigi Dall’Igna ante una decisión complicada. Con los tiempos y las prestaciones en juego, la situación se vuelve cada vez más tensa. ¿Qué futuro espera a Márquez y Ducati tras estos impactantes resultados? ¡El GP de Cataluña promete ser más emocionante que nunca!

“Non riesco a credere ai miei occhi” risultati scioccanti di Marc Marquez e sessione di prove chiuse di Ducati prima del GP Catalunya che lascia il capo Gigi Dall’igna con…

Read more

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *